Monday 13 March 2017

Personal Note about ChurchGist...

          (A personal note from the Visioner)
In Sept 1996, while trying albeit frustratingly to get admitted from my 1st Reserve position into the Nigerian Defence Academy 48th Regular Course, I went despondently into my room at my guardian's place in Kubani Crescent, Barnawa area of Kaduna who had invited me to his Church at Barnawa. I prayed fervently to God
thus 'Father, I'm tired of struggling, I have come to believe that you speak concerning every issue of life; please speak to me from the FIRST statement of the Pastor when I go to church tonight (28th Sept 1996).
Whatever you say is what I'll obey. If you say -some people are struggling where they are not meant to go-I'll stop this NDA quest.'

That evening, I got to the Garden of Faith, Living Faith Church, Barnawa, Kaduna State, Nigeria and when it was time for the 35 year old Pastor (Bishop Abioye) to speak, he looked in my direction and shouted
"There is Hope for You, a living dog is better than a dead lion'.

It was enough for me. Later, God showed me His calling for me from Isaiah 55:4...Behold, I have given YOU as a Witness to the people...... and these and others brought the inspiration to start Church Gist in May, 2014.
 Leke Beecroft

No comments:

Post a Comment

Designed by Jide Ogunsanya.